What is Arts Award?
• a great way for children and young people to be inspired by and enjoy the arts
• offered at five levels, four accredited and one introductory award
• a framework for learning new skills and sharing them
• an opportunity to develop creativity and leadership skills
• a link between young people and creative arts professionals
Arts Award is a range of unique qualifications that support anyone up to 25 grow as artists, inspiring them to connect with and take part in the wider arts world through taking challenges in an art form – from fashion to film making, pottery to poetry.
Through Arts Award young people gain a nationally recognised qualification enabling them to progress into further education and employment. Arts Award has five levels, four of which (Explore, Bronze, Silver, Gold) are accredited qualifications on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). Arts Award Discover is an introductory level.
There are no entry requirements, no time limit for completing the award, and no set rules on how to present final work. Young people just need to be aged under 25, and ready to explore new creative experiences.
Arts Award is managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England. Employers and colleges recognise it as proof of your skills and commitment.
Find out more about Arts Award here